Just east of the World Trade Center Memorial in lower Manhattan lies the Chapel of St. Paul’s. It’s been in existence since 1766 and, in fact, George Washington visited this parish, to pray just after his inauguration in 1789. It made history again in 2001 after the terrorist attacks for hosting rescue workers for weeks of clean up activities.
Grave stones are evidence of the early inhabitants of this part of the city with dates as far back as the early 1700’s.
Thanks, as always, for visiting!