Continuing on my journey with timelapse photography. I need quite a bit of work on my technique and also need to invest in a camera slider for perfect panning. Anyone have any experience with sliders? I’m looking at Konova Camera sliders in particular and maybe even investing in a panning motor.
In this scene I utilized my Manfrotto tripod and it’s adjustable center column by setting it horizontally and then moving the ballhead and camera with my hand. A bit choppy and cumbersome but like the effect at this point.
So at this point I’ve learned a few things that I thought I’d share.
- The column length of my tripod is a bit short at approx. 15 inches. Probably want to double that to 30 or so.
- Moving the camera with my hand wasn’t as bad as I thought but still too unpredictable.
- A stronger foreground element is needed to enhance the video.
- More movement in the water with things other than birds would make for a more interesting result.
- 400 shots is good for a 15 second clip.
It’s certainly a work in progress but I want to take you on my journey as I explore this fascinating technique. So stay tuned and feel free to give me your thoughts.