As I was scouring a few photographers blogs I came across across Wayne Fox’s blog and not only loved his photo’s but I really liked the presentation of each shot. More specifically, the recessed borders around the outside of each shot, so I gave it a go as to figuring out how to do it. After spending about 45 minutes and getting slightly frustrated, I finally figured it out and would like to present it below. If you like the look and have a go at it(or have your own workflow) link back to here and we’ll see your results.
1. Import image into elements and convert to a regular layer.
2. Create a new layer and increase canvas size by .5 to .75 inches.
3. Fill this layer with a color of your choice.
4. Apply an inner shadow from the special effects palette(layer styles).
5. Apply a drop shadow from the special effects palette(layer styles) to the photo layer.
6. Add your signature and your done.
BTW, if anyone knows how to create this differently or can develop an action, let me know, I love automation.